1) As I mentioned yesterday in my post about feet, the Nike Pegasus is my lucky shoe.
2) Picking out an outfit the night before to match my pink and peach colored Pegasus, that is also weather appropriate. Everyone always asks would you rather be cold or hot while running? Umm how about neither! The last couple of races I held a fashion show, my roommate as the judge, to find the outfit winner. And then of course there is the selfie that takes place that morning.
3) Pre-race oatmeal. Just oats and hot water on race day. I keep it as simple as possible to keep the stomach nice and calm.
4) Proper hydration is key especially for summer races. The majority of races I’ve done have been in the extreme heat. I drink my Nalgene on the way to the race. I rather have to make a bathroom stop during the race (though I have never had to) than get dehydrated.
5) And I’ll never forget to roll!