Its time for a Friday Five linkup with Mar, Courtney and Cynthia; this week is Fall favorites.
1) Gourds are a staple of the autumn season. They satisfy the mind (because its an awesome word), the eye (because they are beautiful) and the taste buds (because they are delicious)!
2) I know pumpkins are gourds, but they deserve their own category. I find pumpkins so aesthetically pleasing. Perhaps because I was one for my first Halloween.
Let the pumpkin craze begin; pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin lattes (I make my own unsweetened ones), pumpkin Larabars, pumpkin coffee (sounds better than it tastes). And pumpkin bagels with pumpkin cream cheese was a delicacy at a market in my college town.
3) I’ll be running my first ever marathon on October 11th.
The HARTFORD MARATHON!
4) I love hiking in the Fall. The air is crisp, the weather is perfect and the colorful trees of New England are one of a kind.
5) In addition to expanding my clientele and classes, I plan on expanding my education this Fall. Right now I’m studying for my Strength and Conditioning certification, as I’ve finally decided athletes are my preferred demographic. I’m also hoping to get my Yoga Certification (YogaFit) in the next few months. So I guess it is, in a way, back to school this Fall!